Fall flavor finessed in a fluffy dessert.
- 15-oz can pumpkin purée, not pie filling
- 17.6-oz container of FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 4 tbsp cold water
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup egg whites, pasteurized
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 box of gingersnap cookies (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, FAGE Total, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. Once combined, set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour water over gelatin and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Microwave gelatin on high for 30 seconds, then stir until dissolved. May need an additional 5 or 10 seconds, depending on the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (approximately 5 minutes).
- Whisk the gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture, approximately 2 minutes. Fold in the egg whites until blended well, approximately 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate until set, approximately 3 to 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving to remove chill.
- To serve, spoon mousse into dessert dishes and top with gingersnap cookies if desired.