A taste of autumn in a creamy and light dessert.
- 4 apples (suggested: Granny Smith), peeled, cored and sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 17.6-oz container FAGE Total, FAGE Total 0% or FAGE Total 2%
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Honey, to taste
- Box of amaretti or gingersnap cookies
- 4 8-oz Mason jars or glasses
- Apple Mixture: Put butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until melted, about 5 minutes. Add the apples and cook until caramelized or tender, for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove, let cool slightly at room temperature.
- Yogurt Mixture: Add a cookie to the bottom of each jar. Crush another cookie and sprinkle on top. Place a layer of the yogurt mixture on top of the cookies, followed by a layer of the apples. Repeat this process until each Mason jar is filled, being sure to distribute the ingredients evenly among the four jars. Combine yogurt, nutmeg, ground cloves, cinnamon and honey until blended well. Set aside.
- Serve immediately or chill to serve later.